Hello! Lovely to be back with you all.
Today I’d like to give you a quick run through some really handy tools for increasing the website traffic through Google search and Google Maps. This article relies on your hotel or hospitality business having a Google My Places listing. If you don’t then we strongly advise setting one up here. It will put you on the map. Literally.
Posting through Google My Business
In July this year, Google launched the ability for people that were set up through Google My Business to create short posts through their accounts. The intention of this was to be able to put time-sensitive content in front of potential guests as they are searching for your business. These could be updates on your business, product launches, blog articles or special offers perhaps?
The clever part of this is that it doesn’t just go on the Business Card within the search results. The latest posts are also visible through Google Maps which is become an increasingly important aspect of hotel SEO.
So how does it work? We have added a quick post to the Umi Digital listing for you to be able to see it. After all, we are the guinea pigs for most marketing techniques..
1. Navigate to Google My Business and Log in.
2. Select the Posts tab on the left-hand side. It even says “New” for you! Then write your post, add an image and call to action.
3. Admire the posts in the Google Listings! It will show your hotel or hospitality business within the business card as usual but also feature your latest post.
Advantages of posting for Hotels
- Reach hot leads with timely offers before they even reach your website
- Stand out! This is still a new feature and therefore not many people are using it. Guests are not immune to this yet and will take notice.
- Hotel SEO is becoming more reliant on Google Maps. People are now looking for hotels based on the location and ratings available through maps. Google posts now place offers and content within this native environment.